Year of Bourbon

The Top Ten Greatest YouTube Videos of All Time (TTTGYTVOAT)

Not these awards, at all

Hello there and welcome to The Top Ten Greatest You Tube Videos Of All Time (TTTGYTVOAT) that are available on YouTube that you can watch, right now, right here. First things first, I would like to stress, very much, that this 'list' is not ordered, so the first video is not the best, and the last video listed is not the tenth best, and I wanted to make this very clear, 'right off the bat', so to speak. Yes yes, Here We Go Here We Fucking Go (HWGHWFG) I am simply going to go right ahead, without any more rambling, and list, again, in no particular order, as I have previously mentioned, ten YouTube videos that I think (more on this later) are really good. Of course, your opinion might differ, and if it does, and I can't believe it would, but if it does, please, please, feel free to suggest YouTube videos that you think 'might be better' than the ones I have listed here. I will watch them, I swear, and comment on them, and we can have a discussion because, IMHO, that's really what this is all about, it's about generating discussion, which is, I think, perhaps, one of the things I like most about the internet, and that's connecting with people and exchanging views. In any case, like I said, or might have hinted at, I am a busy busy business man on a schedule and type these blogs out as quickly as I can, at least, I think I might have suggested that, and I don't have any time to sit around and waffle or pontificate on such matters, if I am being honest, as I, of course, always am.  So, as I said, and without further ado, please find, below, those videos that I (me, this is important) consider to be some of the finest available on the very popular platform called 'YouTube', in, as I have mentioned before, and, to be honest, a little sick of mentioning now, in no specific, or indeed, particular, order, for fucks sake.


1st - Title: Limmy's Vines: Hour Long Supercompilation
Duration: 1 hour 5 mins
Views: 341k


It is well worth watching this entire video comprising of pretty much all the vines (5 to 10 second long video clips) expertly merged together in this absolute peach of a YouTube video. It encaptures the raw energy of a creative mind with a camera phone, and experience in video editing perfectly, and there are many memes that have stemmed from this period in Brian Limmond's life. It's also pure Glasgow, not that I know much about that having spent hardly any time there, but I have met plenty Glaswegians and this does seem to be 'somewhat accurate'. It is, you could say, somewhat mad, but I don't agree with that, I think it's really honest and it's one of my favourite videos on YouTube for a reason. I watch this video at least once a week, 'as a reminder'. That accent! 


2nd - Title: Series One: Best Moments | This Time with Alan Partridge | Baby Cow
Duration: 44 mins
Views: 149k


Some people will tell you that Steve Coogan's character 'Alan Partridge' peaked some years ago but they are incorrect, IMHO, and although This Time isn't all bangers, this YouTube video IS. Every single second in this video is pure pure perfection, distilled excellence that captures the awkwardness in the character and uses it as a lens to poke fun at what we are experiencing now, right now, in the form of Good Morning Britain and The One Show, and to some extent, BBC/ITV programming in general. This just beat two other amazing Alan Partridge YouTube videos, but they were hours long and audiobooks, however I strongly recommend you seek them out too. I'm not going to 'do your work for you', well I am, those other videos are called 'Alan Partridge Audiobook' (7 hours) and Nomad (but I think that's been taken down and there is 'only' a 36 minute excerpt that I can find). Anyway, this is for 'This Time'.


3rd - Title: The Online Scotch Whisky Awards
Duration: 2 hours and 55 mins
Views: 1.6k


Yes it's the OSWA's, The Online Scotch Whisky Awards, it's a 3 hour long video and I think it's really good, it's about whisky and it has some interesting people in it and it has some interesting awards and I have blogged about this before, check if you like. Perhaps my favourite thing about it is the filtered awards and the unfiltered awards and the discussion that generated. Also I am a big Ralfy fan, can't help it I just am, and I like that he simply does things. In fact, this prompted me to make my own awards, and it just goes to show, you can do things, especially doing awards, if you want to, it's as easy as saying well done, congratulations to some folks. And they asked people for their opinions too. In my whisky Twitter awards (inaugural) 2021, I awarded myself an awards, because it was my awards and I think I deserved one, my awards, an award for me. Want an award? Do your own awards and award one to yourself. More on this later.

4th -TitleThe Study That Involved Dolphin Sex and LSD (feat. Jay Duplass & Shiri Appleby) - Drunk History
Duration9 mins and 49 seconds
Views: 2.1M



I don't know how much of this is true, or indeed how scripted this video is, but I choose to believe that it's just a drunk person who is knowledgeable about the subject of this true event in history of how scientists in the sixties tried to communicate with Dolphins funded by NASA. I think it's a very funny video which made me weep with laughter and also 'made me think' as we should probably consider that there are lots of life forms out there with feelings and emotions and we should be very very considerate about that, but, also very probably, we shouldn't be engaging in sexual relations with them, I am pretty sure. It's a very funny video, LMAO and perhaps you should let me know if you think this is funny too.

5th - TitleCOPA Manifesto Commercial
Duration30 seconds
Views: 16.6K



A 30 second advert for a football clothing company? In the top ten (official) YouTube videos of all time? Ahead of such bangers as charlie bit my finger and some Justin Bieber song? Yes, because I am in this video, at the 12 second mark, that's me, a very attractive man, in an actual advert and yes, it's about time to reveal that technically, I am a model. This was some time ago, and these are my awards. I think I might have mentioned earlier, that when you 'do an awards' you can do 'whatever the fuck you want' and these are my awards, and therefore, I am in one of these videos. Also the video has a great message, really, it's not just about selling clothes, although it really is, but there is a message, and I wouldn't have agreed to appear in this video if I didn't agree with the message as I am a very principled man, indeed.

6th - TitleBlood In Blood Out (All Prison Scenes)
Duration: 1 hour and 27 minutes
Views: 2.5M


The Shawshank Redemption can eat my ass, is not a phrase I ever thought I would type but there it is. I have not seen the whole movie, and I don't think I would want to, because this is perfection, sheer utter perfection and I would not want to ruined it for a second by stepping outside this prison. The focus on the prison stuff is important, because that is what is it like for people in prison. I would go as far to say the scenes outside prison are extraneous but I probably shouldn't as I have never seen them. However, this is about an hour and a half long and I just checked and this film is 3 hours long, so there is 'another film' in this that I might be missing. I do not care, because this is so good. And that ending. That ending! Please, watch this, and if you have seen the whole thing, let me know if I should. But this is a YouTube free to watch list.

7th - TitleWhat is an Old Fashioned and where does it come from? | How to Drink
Duration: 20 minutes
Views: 1.56M



I really like this channel and IMHO this is the best video Greg ever made. Some history, some drinks, some inspiration, this is a great video to watch to learn something about that most famous of cocktails, the old fashioned. I love the close up video quality and slow mo on the cocktails, let's face it, it's amazing to watch, and it's done very well here. In fact, because I watched this video, I made my own version of an old fashioned using an aged genever from Zuidam distillers and chocolate bitters which was, even if I say so myself, the best old fashioned I ever drank. And two other people agreed with me.  Do do, do do do do, do do, do, do do.

8th - TitleCan you get a Kosatka Submarine on top of Mt Chiliad in GTA Online?
Duration: 24 minutes
Views: 54.8M


OK this is probably one of the more oddball choices but hear me out on this, please, I beg you, I am on my knees pleading with you, don't just dismiss this offhand because it's a video about GTA Online. Yes, this video is great because it's about something more than online computer games, it's about 'can we do this' and 'how can we do this' and 'let's do this' and 'yes we did this'. I will admit to having some skin in the game as I have played GTA Online a fair bit, yes OK, but really why I have selected this is because of teamwork, perseverance and the difficulty of getting a bunch of people to come together to do something in their free time. I have respect for people who can do that, people who arrange football games for instance, that takes organisation, and so did this. GTA Online can be toxic of course, but this is wholesome, and good, and I think this is a great watch. It reminded me of some work projects actually, trying to get something done using 'rickity' tools and processes, pushing through to the end goal. 

9th - TitleLetterman reveals extortion details full clip
Duration: 10 minutes
Views: 569k


The reason this is in my top ten list is because of how absolutely insane this clip is, and how this would never, ever, could ever, be made in the post #MeToo era. This was aired on October 1st 2009 and is David Letterman's response to blackmail regarding him sleeping with various members of his staff. The way he makes this light hearted and 'entertaining' is just so wild, and shows just how much power and control he had and how he continued to wield it when it had been exposed. Here is a very interesting article on the subject from 2019 and I won't get that much further into it other than I recommend you have a read of some of the YouTube comments on this video to understand just how far some folks need to come to understand the power dynamics rich old white men can hold in the workspace and how destructive they can be. IMHO it's really all about imagination and just imagine what it would be like to work somewhere that meant that it would be more advantageous to your career to have sex with the boss than to work hard. This clip absolutely, completely and totally blows my mind, it's absolutely insane, as I mentioned earlier.

10th best video on YouTube - TitleBest Scene from the movie Flight 1080p
Duration: 9 minutes
Views: 7.3M


This list, as I mentioned earlier, is in no particular order and although this is technically last in the list, it would not be last if the list would be ordered, but it's not, as I have mentioned already. I really really like the movie flight which is mostly based on the ground and about alcoholism and honesty, which are two things that rarely go hand in hand, but this is a 9 minute clip that focuses on the plane crash side of it, and it's perhaps one of the most arresting scenes I can remember in a film. Perhaps it's because I have a fear of flying (I didn't step in a plane for 16 straight years it was so bad) but this makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I think Mr Washington is a superb actor, and he is working with an amazing script here. I think Flight is perhaps a very underrated film, and I might even recommend you watch it. Maybe you should watch it before you watch this clip actually. But I think you can watch this clip and watch the film and still very much enjoy the film. 'I love you Trevor'.


Well then, that's it, that's the blog, thank you for reading and I wish you nothing but the best. This is, of course, not really the list of The Top Ten Greatest YouTube Videos of All Time, of course it's not, it's simply a list of videos that I have watched that I really enjoyed and wanted to share, and really, that's all I wanted to do, and if you want to share at least one YouTube video that you think I might enjoy, or that you enjoyed, then that would be great, and please do. I really appreciate you reading this, you are fantastic really, a wonderful person, and you know I like you. I would take a bullet for you, if the bullet was fired from a cheese gun, and made of cheese, obviously.



Comments